Monday, January 6, 2014

Author Spotlight (Gail Moss)

I was privileged to meet this author in August at the African-American Author Expo. We share one thing in common, a love for poetry (and she shares one for this spotlight). Without further ado, this week's author spotlight (and kicking off 2014) is The Poetic Evangelist Gail Moss.


Gail Moss gave her life to the Lord at the tender age of seven. As a teenager, writing became Gail's outlet to express her emotions after the death of her mother. During difficult times, she found inspiration and motivation through the greatest words ever penned - the Holy Scriptures.  The Word of God continues to encourage and inspire her today, and in turn, she goes forth to encourage and inspire others.

The major themes of her written work and LIVE performances are: Worship, Praise, Evangelism and Spiritual Warfare.  Audiences, congregations, followers, and fans leave inspired, encouraged, and motivated after their encounter with The Poetic Evangelist. 

This Author, Artist, and Speaker enjoys using her gifts to share the love of God with others, and encouraging people from all walks of life.  It is her prayer that her work will draw people into an intimate relationship with God.
For more information, visit: www.ThePoeticEvangelist.com

Here is a poem I wrote:

MY NEW BEGINNING
 
There’s A River of Life
Overflowing Within Me
I’m No Longer Lost
I Have A New Beginning
 
No Longer Afraid
No Longer Do I Worry
For I’ve Cast All My Cares
They’re His Now To Carry
 
There’s A Sweet Spice
To This New Life
For I’m More Than A Conqueror
I Triumph In Christ
 
With Faith and Expectancy
I Awake Each Morning
Because My Slate
He Has Wiped Clean
 
Christ Secured My Destiny
Now I’m Bursting with Blessings
For He Placed Me On
His Winning Team
 
No Need To Pinch Me
I'm Not Daydreaming
This Is Simply The Genesis
Of My New Beginning!

2 Corinthians 5:17
Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

Philippians 3:13-14
Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before,
I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment