Wednesday, May 4, 2016

My testimony (42nd Birthday)

Good morning. As I celebrate my 42nd birthday today, I want to share a little of
my story and to ask that you help me give honor to where honor is due on this very special day to me. And the honor does not go to me. You'll see why as you read.

Wow, 42 years, it seems like time has flown since I was 22. Surprisingly, that would be the year when I accepted Christ as Lord. But let me say that my life has been anything but perfect. However, I am so blessed to be alive in the midst of the storms and rain, heartaches and pain. What I love about God is despite all that we've been through, He doesn't disqualify us or call us losers when we mess up, He's a God of forgiveness when we confess. The devil is doing everything to count us out. If I have to praise Him by myself, I will. Let me get to my story.

This morning as I was driving to work, I thought about a lot of things. Don't feel sorry for me as you read, but give God thanks for His mercy, love, and forgiveness.

Thirty years ago, there was abuse, rejection, abandonment, neglect, worry, anxiety issues, gaslighting, mental and emotional blocks that I faced and endured. It was during that time that I had an interest in who Jesus was. 

During my high school years, it was depression, anxiety, rejection, and a fight  for independence so I could live my dreams. During that time, I made a vow to God to remain abstinent until marriage.

During my military life, college life and everything else to this point, it was betrayal, anxiety attacks, depression, thoughts of suicide, false accusations, receiving phone threats, but I never lost faith in Him.

I've seen untimely deaths that have shaken my world a little:
The death of my aunt when she was only 37 - two months before graduating high school
The death of my grandmother in 2010
The death of my father in 2012 (4 months after releasing my first novel which was actually May 4, 2012 - DDBS)
And granted, I wanted to die at the end of 2011, but God is all I can say to that.

There are many things that have happened to me (or that I have done to others) that I didn't mentioned that would have sealed my death certificate (whether someone taking me out, or me ending my own life), again, I can only say but God. If you're reading this and I have hurt you in any capacity, I ask for your forgiveness. Please charge it to my head and not my heart. You are so special to me and I believe in healing and restoration. 

So allow me to cry tears of joy and of praise to God today. Don't worry, I'm still a man, a husband-in-training, so my manhood shouldn't be in question (smile). It's ok for me to be weak before Him, because it's in Him that we're strong. Think about it, how can I step into the overcoming ministry (and telling others how to overcome) if I haven't been through anything. Again, the honor isn't due to me, it's to the God who is a healer and a restorer of life.

You can read my bio on this page or watch the interview on the right side of this page to see what God has done in my life. :) And this is just the beginning, my latter will be greater (I know at least 2 people can lift their hands and declare that over their lives).

As Marvin Sapp says, so if you see me cry, it's just a sign that I'm still alive. I've got some scars but I'm still alive. In spite of calamity, He still has a plan for me. It's working for my good and it's building my testimony.

Somebody give Him praise. If you have been through and have a testimony, I celebrate you as well today. We overcome by the blood of the lamb and by the word of our testimony.

Blessings.

The Mayne Man

No comments:

Post a Comment