Sunday, March 6, 2016

Finding A Mate Is Like Flying

A few days ago on my Facebook wall, I was posting about the similarities of how finding a mate is like flying. I want to take my posts (along with some of the comments I received) to make this blogpost come alive. As I was preparing to put this post together, I was thinking about Apostle Melissa Mimi Ewell’s post that she contributed to my wall last year entitled “Finding A Wife is Not Like Shoe Shopping.” Great post, and you can check it out right here.


But I thought about it, finding a mate is like flying. When you board an airplane, there’s typically a first class section (with no more than 4-5 rows in the front of the aircraft), and the remaining seats are coach. On some aircrafts, you’ll find a section right behind first class called business class. Coach tickets are cheaper than first-class (in fact, you’re so cramped in coach, that you have to pay for extra legroom if you want it). Most people won’t consider flying first class because it’s expensive (now I'm not judging anyone who doesn't fly first-class, I'm just using analogies for this post) just like many won't strive for a first-class relationship because it's like shopping for an expensive engagement ring. Now, I've flown in coach, and I’ve had the privilege of flying certain parts of my flights in first-class, and I can tell you it’s an experience sitting in first-class (but there are also differences between the two). Now in relationships, if you are just trying to find a fling for the moment, or to satisfy a need (what we simply call “settling”), it’s like flying coach. And you end up trying to look through the curtain that separates coach from first class to find an escape route (especially if the relationship is a volatile one). But when you get first class in a relationship (a mate that’s truly chasing after God), you don’t look back at the curtain to see what the folks in coach are doing (those that settled).

Here’s another thought that separates coach from first class. Now, when I’ve flown first-class, the minute I sit in my seat (which is much more comfortable than a coach seat), I’m asked if I want something to drink and they bring me some warm mixed nuts (that are actually good). It’s like I’m being served and treated with respect. Now let’s be real for a minute, how many of you have flown in coach and wondered, “why is it that I only get a cup of soda and the folks up front get the full can?” Relationships are no different. In coach, you’ll get a cup of your mate or just a portion of your mate – that means your mate is more & likely withholding things from you; you're not getting their true devotion; and the list goes on), and in first-class, you get 100% of your mate (they are true, faithful, and love God like all get-out)! Now I'm not saying there won't be problems in a first class relationship, but in this type of a relationship, both parties are determined to make it work and keeping it a 100-100 love (not just a 50-50 love – smile). In a coach relationship, one is making all the sacrifice and I'm sure many can testify to it being draining.



One comment made under this particular post was that sometimes ladies don’t recognize first class because they are so used to coach. I would say that one reason is due to the upbringing they had (it may not be a bad thing especially given the circumstances). The environment they grew up in can play a role and they may not have been able to envision a better life beyond the environment they grew up in.

Another comment was many have gotten tired of waiting for first-class because it takes too long. I can see many have grown tired (if you think about it, on an aircraft, there's not that many first-class seats), and there are plenty of coach seats going around. It's a sacrifice to reach for that status and decisions have to be made, to settle, or declare and decree that over your life (I’m first class, and I’m going to have it).

The last comment I received under this post requires no additional response from me. It said this: Why settle for 70% ground Chuck when can have Prime Rib? It's knowing your worth and value that makes all the difference. Even when you’re tired of waiting and use to coach know that God has a better plan. Trust Him!

I pray that this post blesses you. You can have the best in all areas. And if you are in a relationship that’s first class, I pray God will continue to bless your relationship! If you’re in a relationship that’s coach, I pray this will empower you to not settle!

Blessings,

The Mayne Man



2 comments:

  1. Just awesome, great points #FirstClass all the way...Validated by father God..thanks for sharing this!! God Bless you..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Am a woman that knows her worth. Am trusting my God for a tailor fit first class man. I won't get tired. Thanks for sharing this..

    ReplyDelete