Saturday, March 12, 2016

Getting Rid of Negative Thoughts

When a negative thought hits your life, you have to attack that thought with the Word of God and literally crush that thought. Now we get thoughts, the key is that we have to bind those thoughts that are not of God and speak the thoughts that are of God.

Now someone might be asking, is it good to talk to yourself? It all depends. If you’re not going to talk to yourself correctly, don’t open your mouth. Example: if you tell yourself that you’re not going to make it, you’re not going to succeed, don’t open your mouth! Now if you are telling yourself that you’re an overcomer, I will succeed, this dream will be mine, you better open your mouth (so what you can resonate within your body).

Well, how do you get rid of negative thoughts? It might be a challenge especially if you’ve seen negative around you, and the people around you are just negative. Here’s a starting point. Say something nice about yourself and the accomplishments you’ve done in your life. If you can’t think of one, I could’ve been dead, but I’m still alive. I am free to breathe the air outside and I can soar the heavens like a bird in the sky. I have overcome the worst in my life, and this storm is over now. I am a survivor and I can do anything I set my mind to.  These are just examples, but let me add a few more. I am worthy of love, and I am smart enough to get that job. What’s also needed to get rid of negative thoughts is a transforming of the mind with something positive.

Sometimes negative thoughts will come from negative people. I hear that classic jam roaming through my head: I know you know someone that has a negative vibe… If you know it, go ahead and sing it because it’s the truth. What negative people will do is sew thoughts to cause you to doubt, to quit, and to think lowly of yourself so they can boost their ego. In this case, you may need to get rid of these negative people so you aren’t fed negative thoughts.

This is just a short blog to help someone who’s battling negative thoughts in their head. I’m sure I’ll be blogging more on this as the year continues.

Blessings.


The Mayne Man

1 comment: