Wednesday, February 17, 2016

When Life Beats You Up

I was sitting in my office last Thursday and this topic was dropped on my spirit. So, I was wrestled within my mind deciding if I wanted to release this in two parts. Well, it will be in two parts, in this blogpost. So, I pray that you are relaxed and that you hear my heart as I’m writing to write the broken soul. Let’s begin.

(Part 1 of 2)

This part was dropped on my spirit 2/11/16 at 11:49am.  If you are broken, beaten and battered due to life (but especially because of what another human being did to you), always remember that the devil is behind the pain and the shame and he wants you to take the blame for it. If you ask me if there's an agenda to what the devil is doing with this pain, shame and blame, I will tell you it's to steal, kill and destroy your life. If you are volunteering to remain bitter because of what you allowed the devil to do to you (or because of what he did to you), you are indirectly giving the devil power over you. Know that you are saved, but simply oppressed, that's all. I'm also not saying that you don't have a right to grieve over it. The focus here is the choice of healing and moving forward. Will I agree when you say you need time to heal from what life has done to you? Yes. Will I understand when you say your faith is wavering as a result of life? Yes. Do I disagree when people say that you should give thanks FOR all that you have been through? Absolutely!!!! Did you deserve all that you have been through? Absolutely not!!! Why did it happen? It’s because of sin in the world and the devil, plain and simple. Notice that I didn't say that you're the blame for this.

(Part 2 of 2)
You see we all have to walk through this path called life. I’ll be the first to tell you that’s not easy. Many of you know my story, but for the benefit of those who don’t know, I suffered under the hand of abuse within my family, and a few years back, I wanted to end my life due to the pressures of life. I have been rejected, abandoned and neglected at certain points of my life. To me, that’s life beating me to the core. I could easily have asked, “why me? Why do I have to suffer?” Are my questions legitimate? Absolutely!  

So how can you and I be able to stand tall when life beats you up? If you feel that you can’t get up, know that a just man (I’m talking to you my brother and sister) may fall seven times, he still gets up. Let life know that I’m not quitting until it’s time for me to leave the earth. Don’t go before your time. One way to stand tall when life beats you up is to have the truth in your heart, put that on your waist; you need the shield of faith – it’s your faith that overcomes the world and anything it throws. You’re not out for the count – the devil wants you out! I could go on and on, but I believe you get the point.

In closing, know this: Sometimes things happen that we know not the reason for... bad things, even when we are not the one in sin. It's called life. It's in the knowing that God is still with us, that God still loves us... it's in knowing that we can find the hope to move forward and receive God's peace.

Blessings,


The Mayne Man

No comments:

Post a Comment