Saturday, November 23, 2013

The True Beauty of Spiritual Warfare


This post was just dropped on my spirit about an hour ago. I got saved in 1996, but when 1998 rolled around, I was one of those baby Christians that wasn’t afraid to engage in spiritual warfare. Because I was new to the faith, some people were able to understand my motive and there was some who either feared me or were intimidated by me. The latter was something I never wanted, I’m flesh and blood like everyone else (just engaged in a serious battle). Being on FAMU campus in 1998 was indeed a battle (for those of you who were with me during that time).

Sometimes when I talk to people, a lot of people feel that I’m attacking them. That’s the last thing I want do (but the devil sure wants people to feel that way – and will sometimes twist my words to make people feel like I’m attacking them). This is one of primary reasons why I apologize to let them know that I love them and that I’m not attacking them personally. But I understand that when we all sin, it’s the enemy and/or our flesh that drives us to it – so it’s only right to put the anger at the enemy or our flesh. We must stay engaged in this war (never to take our war clothes off). Granted, when I sin, you should be angry at the enemy and/or my flesh. Sometimes we as Christians can get so holy that when a person has done something sinful in the past and repented of it, that we re-open their wound, or even worse, curse them and put a wedge between you and them (when they’re actually in the same fight as you).

It’s interesting that we’ll engage in spiritual warfare for things that are for self and not for the kingdom of God. Understand that the things for self have their place, but the beauty of spiritual warfare is when we understand that it’s to ensure our holiness and to see holiness in your fellow brother/sister, to cast down strongholds within your realm and people who are blind to the gospel.

I covet your prayers in this spiritual warfare (and I touch and agree with your prayers in this spiritual warfare). Knowing the purpose God has given me (and I’ve known this since my baby Christian days), that the enemy would love to take what I say to try to punish a fellow brother/sister who did a sinful act and repented. The anger needs to be placed where it needs to be (at the devil – who is already defeated, but trying to get many to join him in the lake of fire; and the flesh who is always at war with the spirit).

The true beauty of spiritual warfare is that first and foremost, flesh and blood is not the enemy (in short, you are not my enemy). Remember God is not the author of confusion. We all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God. Yes, there are many people who are walking this earth who are possessed with demonic spirits (and many who are oppressed by demonic spirits – refer to the post from a week or two ago about the difference between possession & oppression – written by Dr. A’ndrea Wilson). That’s where spiritual warfare is needed the most. Let’s get on with 2 Corinthians 10:4-5 along with Ephesians 6:10-18, declare war and start breaking chains.

Just wanted to share this with you all. Blessings.

The Mayne Man

No comments:

Post a Comment