I echo Paul when he says this in 2 Corinthians 11:12-15: But what I do, I will continue to do, [for I am determined to maintain this independence] in order to cut off the claim of those who would like [to find an occasion and incentive] to claim that in their boasted [mission] they work on the same terms that we do. For such men are false apostles [spurious, counterfeits], deceitful workmen, masquerading as apostles (special messengers) of Christ (the Messiah). And it is no wonder, for Satan himself masquerades as an angel of light; So it is not surprising if his servants also masquerade as ministers of righteousness. [But] their end will correspond with their deeds.
I believe with all of my heart that we're entering a time where we are heaping teachers based on what our itching ears want to hear. Paul's final letter before he was killed was prophetic. 2 Timothy 4:3-4 says this: For the time is coming when [people] will not tolerate (endure) sound and wholesome instruction, but, having ears itching [for something pleasing and gratifying], they will gather to themselves one teacher after another to a considerable number, chosen to satisfy their own liking and to foster the errors they hold, And will turn aside from hearing the truth and wander off into myths and man-made fictions.
This is actually where I want to camp out. Now, I don't know if this post is going to be prophetic or not, but at the same time, I believe if we want to spend eternity with the Lord & Savior of the world, Jesus Christ, then we really need to get our heads out of the sand, quickly. I also believe that many people will read this and be in constant denial (or think I'm blowing smoke because it doesn't sound good to their ears). But he that has an ear, let him hear.
The Lord was showing me something last night and inside, I cried. We are living in a time where people are doing one of the following items (or maybe all of them), while they may or may not know that they could be embracing the angel of light.
1. When people put a leader on a pedestal (over the Bible), there's a strong chance the angel of light will be embraced.
2. When we members of a congregation anoint pastor that we know or may not know are living foul to positions of apostles/prophets, we have blindly embraced the angel of light.
3. When we call people enemies cause they expose the darkness in leaders, artist, etc. not for self-glory, but is totally concerned about the purity of the body and with a desire to see the Bible be preached fully, then we have blindly embraced the angel of light.
4. When people give themselves titles knowing full well that their attitudes stink to the high heaven (and even anoint themselves as prophets/prophetess) or knowing they're going ahead of God and elevating themselves to a position of authority, they are really in disobedience and yes, they've embraced the angel of light's principles (exalting self)
5. When people stick their heads in the sand when they know they're defending a leader that's living foul (and yes, I'm referring to homosexual lifestyle), they've not only embraced the angel of light, but they are in a state of denial!
6. When people try to yoke their current pastor who's not living foul to one who's living foul cause their ear is being itched, then they've trying to corrupt what's holy with unholy (light should not dwell with darkness).
7. When people speak against homosexuality but will defend to death their favorite pastor/artist living that way, then that's really just hypocrisy!
One of my sister friends shared with me last night after I asked her thoughts on this. This is what she said: What I hate which is pastor worship, meaning they worship the creature more than the creator and they defend the pastor in his/her bad behaviors as well! Also, prophet and apostle worship too! We are to follow these leaders as they follow Christ but when they stop following Christ, we are to stop following them. We are in the last days and like you said, we need discernment, like eyesight, we need 20/20 discernment!!! It seems like those of us that are really serving The Lord get passed up for titles and looked over but think about it the world (yes, in the churches) loveth their own. You can't tell the difference between the world and the church nowadays without the discernment! I've yet to find a real church that really cares about what God cares about, people! Most are after what they can get out of people, not about who they can give to people, Jesus Christ!!! We as believers must keep seeking God with our whole heart and keep trusting God to see us through and to direct out path! God will see us through and He will put special people to walk with us in this journey!!! Keep praying!!!I agree with her, and pastor worship make a situation ripe for embracing the angel of light (because the angel of light is all about self-exaltation). Self-exaltation, was Satan's downfall. If you were to merge Ezekiel 28 with Paul's teachings (from 2 Corinthians 11/2 Timothy 4), you'll find that Satan, a gifted musician, has transformed himself into an angel of light. Now watch this, because he's portraying himself as an angel of light (and we are warned by Paul not to be deceived), many Christians have blindly embraced the angel of light (translation: just because they say the music is of God - and it itches our ears, makes us feel good - it MUST be from God). Now how religious does that sound? Satan thrives on us blindly embracing the angel of light. Wake up people! Now, me typing this does put me on the devil's hit list, but I don't care.
The time for us wanting to hear smooth things needs to come to an end. Before someone says to me, you're not being loving with this blog. The truth is: I care about your eternity as much as God does (He cares a lot more than I do), but all I care about is the Truth of His Word and it bring revelation and restoration to a dying world. As we continually be deceived, we are rendering ourselves ineffective to the world. As a result, we remain part of the 99 found sheep and we forget the lost soul.
The Mayne Man